Mid-Atlantic Fleet & Family Readiness COVID-19 Program Updates
With the current spread of COVID-19, the priorities for Mid-Atlantic Fleet & Family Readiness Programs are to protect personnel and support the mission. We are developing this web page to provide the most current information for MWR, CYP, Housing, FFSC and Galley closures, cancellations and adjusted services.
Naval Station Newport COVID-19 Update
Last Updated 12:36 p.m. on March 23, 2020
- For up-to-date news regarding Navy Region Mid-Atlantic, please visit https://www.cnic.navy.mil/om/covid-19-updates.html.
- For up-to-date news on Naval Station Newport, please visit https://www.facebook.com/NAVSTANewport/.
- Gate 2 is closed until further notice.
- Gate 1 is closed until further notice.
- Gate 17 will remain the only operational gate (24/7) onto the main installation until further notice. Installation personnel and visitors should use Gate 17 located at the intersection of Pier Access Road and Defense Highway (Burma Road) in Middletown.
- Galley is open to RIK only, Monday through Friday, Weekends & Holidays, Breakfast, 6 to 8 a.m.; Lunch, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.; and Dinner, 4:45 to 6:30 p.m.
Fleet & Family Support Services (FFSC)
No in-person appointments and counseling.
Essential services are available remotely: Family Advocacy Program; Sailor Assistance and Intercept for Life (401) 862-8415 and Sexual Assault Prevention and Response programs (401) 450-2327. If other assistance is needed, please call (401) 841-2283 and leave a message. Your call will be triaged and referred to the appropriate point of contact.
TAP requirements can be met through JKO. CAPSTONE may be completed at the command.
All other training, classes and events postponed to limit close contact.
Child and Youth Programs
- CYP enrolled children with a parent at home (including telework, distance learning, etc) must remain at home with the parent. Requests for exceptions to this guidance will be considered on a case-by-case basis by the installation commanding officer. For a request for an exception, email: Dean Weidman – firstname.lastname@example.org
- CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTER adjustments in services are ongoing. Parents/caregivers of enrolled children are notified directly (or can call 841-4562/2883 for more info).
Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- John H. Chafee Fitness Center - CLOSED until further notice. If patrons want to retrieve personal items from their gym locker, please email email@example.com to set up an appointment.
- Officers' Club - CLOSED
- Auto Skills Center - CLOSED
- Dine on the Go - OPEN; Delivery starts at 11 a.m. with service anywhere on base. For more information click here.
- Community Recreation - OPEN; Delivery Service/Pick Up ONLY. Sunday through Thursday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., and Saturday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.;
- Leisure Bay Café - OPEN; Weekdays 6:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Weekends 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. All vehicle drivers use drive-thru, if on foot go inside to order and take out only.
- The Stoveaway Food Truck is hitting the road beginning on April 1 at 11 a.m.! For more information click here.
- Coaster Harbor Island Marina - Existing patrons may put their boats in water, but overnight stays are prohibited.
- All other MWR operations and events are temporarily suspended or paused.
Click here for a printable version of closures