NAVAL STATION NEWPORT, R.I. COVID-19 Update HPCON C
***For up to date information for Naval Station Newport, please visit https://www.facebook.com/NAVSTANewport.
COVID-19 UPDATE (November 12, 2020):
Due to rising COVID concerns in the surrounding community, the NAVSTA Newport Commanding Officer has directed implementation of select Health Protection Condition (HPCON) C measures effective immediately. Military members should consult their chain of command for details. This change will NOT directly impact base services. At this time the following service restrictions remain in effect:
- The Commissary and NEX will operate under limited customer capacity IAW RI state guidelines. The barber shop will remain open to active duty only.
- The gym remains open for active duty only
- NGIS and the Navy Lodge are only accepting reservations for official travel only.
- Gates 1, 17 and 23 will remain open 24/7. Gate 7 will be open per the current schedule.
- Non-essential MWR activities are closed/cancelled.