Lifeguard Certification Class
******New dates & Times******
Monday, June 14 – Thursday, June 17
4 to 7:30 p.m.
John H. Chafee Pool Naval Station Newport, RI
Come work for us after completing the class and have your fee waived!
- Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim freestyle, breaststroke or
a combination of both. There is no time to limit for this skill.
- Tread water for two minutes, using only legs.
- Swim 20 meters using one of the two strokes mentioned above; surface dive to a minimum depth of seven feet, retrieve a 10-pound object and return to the surface; swim back to the starting point and get out of the water without using the ladder. When returning to the starting point, canidate must hold the object out of the water with both hands while swimming on their back; this skill must be accomplished with their face out of the water, without goggles, and within one minute and 40 seconds.
- $175.00 military patrons (active duty personnel, retirees, reservists, eligible family members, DoD civilians and contractors)
Includes books, certifications & pocket mask
- Credit cards accepted, no cash or checks please. Payment due prior to first day of class.
OPEN TO PATRONS:
- 15 years old by the end of the class in order to participate.
Registration is open now!
Call 401-841-6628 for more information.
This event is open to active duty personnel, retirees, reservists, dependents, DoD civilians, and contractors with valid ID & base access.